Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Fresh Starts

Happy 2013!!
As with every January 1st we look ahead with excitement for things to come.
Fresh starts always seem to be the theme of the day.
Trying to get a jump start on my New Year's Resolution, I started mine on Dec. 2nd.
I was watching a YouTube video on simplifying and the chick made a good point ~ why wait? 
So I didn't. 
I've really been trying to be more mindful of my eating. 
Most days go well, some are less than stellar, but still much better than before.
Focus on the positive, right??
One of my goals is to eat more eggs.  I'm not a huge egg fan to begin with, but I know they are a good source of protein and good way to start your day.  For me, the secret for eating eggs is to mix them with things I do like so I've been enjoying this little breakfast casserole. 
I whip it up on Sunday and breakfast is ready for the week. 
The best part it is only 230 calories per slice and surprisingly filling.
Pair it with some fruit or a smoothie and you are good to go.
 
Benji's Egg Casserole
3 servings of hash browns
1 C 1% milk
6 eggs
2 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1 C bacon bits (I use the Kirkland "fresh" bacon bits)
In a 9x9 pan layer hash browns, eggs/milk, bacon and cheese
Bake at 350 for 55 min
Makes 6 servings
Enjoy

1 comment:

Debra said...

Happy New Year Laurie! That casserole looks yummy. I love eggs and it's always nice to find a new way to eat them.