Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snowmeggadon 2012

We all know the story of the little boy who cried wolf.  In the Pacific Northwest our version is called "The News Said It Was Going to Snow"  Ever year at the sight of the first snowflake we are told to brace ourselves for ARCTIC BLAST (insert year here).  More times than not, no snow.  Maybe a light dusting if you live up north.  My friends Sandy and John could give any local reporter a run for their money with their coverage of Snowmeggadon 2012 in Browns Point. (I wish I was kidding)

Now since these ARCTIC BLAST don't usual show up when they do it puts all of Western Washington into a complete tail spin.  No one can drive in the snow so no one goes anywhere.  This half of the state literally shuts down.  Tacoma Schools closed schools for Wednesday before a flake was even seen. 
Well this year they were right on (who would have thunk it). I must say it took a little longer to arrive than expected but it came in spades and we woke up to 7 inches of wonderful snow. 

Rumor has it more is on the way.

Since we had been hunkered down for the past couple of days already I was feeling a little cabin fevery.  My mom and dad just live a few blocks away so I drug Ben with me and we went for a walk in the snow.  It felt great to tromp through the snow and breathe in the fresh cold air. 


In an attempt to document our adventure I brought along the camera.  When I told Ben to say "cheese" he replied, "what's the point?"  Snow and a 13 year old boy, ya gotta love 'em.
Hope you are all nice and toasty wherever you are.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Wow! You did get a lot. Hope you're enjoying it. I would love to have a snow day but we know that won't happen! :)