Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Furniture Shuffle





Well here is the armoire's new home. I have to say I kind of like it here. It is tucked away so that you don't see it when you enter the room. ( The bottom pic is the view from the entry)
My living room is a bit of a bugger. It is a big room, but the fireplace is off center and the vaulted ceiling is asymmetrical. It has been tricky to find a way to arrange the furniture without spreading it out too far or having the traffic pattern cut the conversation area in half. As I was moving everything around, I kept hearing the voice of the Decorating Cents' interior redesigners saying, "this room is predictable and boring". Ugh. Oh well, I like it :0)
I am trying to get a pic of the new tv. Everyone I've taken has been blurry. The good news it the buffet is now reloaded and I'm able to see most of my dining room table. As far as bags for the goodwill, I have 4 bags by the door and I'm hoping to fill at least 2 more tomorrow (I am tackling Sammie's room and the play area) :0)
UPDATE
Here is a pic of my buffet with the new tv. I am still trying to make the bookcases look a little better. I really hate all the cords everywhere, but this is the "boy room" so I have little control. Oh well, at least the M's are spanking the Red Sox. Go M's!!

3 comments:

Joji said...

Nice work. Joan Steffend couldn't do any better.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Hi Laurie Anne, just wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog...please come back again!

I think your room is very cozy and inviting!

~*Marie*~ said...

Again, I love the colors of this room and the furniture is lovely! I would feel right at home here and I think the amoire is in a great spot!!!!