Saturday, June 23, 2007

And so it begins...


Friday morning, Joji headed off with a buddy and the boys to good old Chuck E. Cheese. As he is walking out he says, "oh, I might buy a tv". We only have one TV and it is pretty old by today's tv's standards and I know he really wanted one, so I was okay with that. He came home with a 42" plasma.
Now, of course, our current tv was housed in a nice armoire. This tv won't fit. So where will we put the new tv?? on the buffet of course. Okay, lets unload the armoire of all videos, games, random cd's, the dvd player, the tivo box, the cable box and the clock. Now let's empty my buffet. I'll just pile all my dishes on the table and stack the linen drawers in the corner to make it easier to move downstairs. Buffet downstairs and armoire upstairs, check.
Now the downstairs was pretty straight forward, put buffet where armoire was. Moving the armoire upstairs was a whole other can of worms.
First of all, I thought I would try the armoire in the corner where the cable outlet was. This required emptying and moving a very tall and full bookcase as well as the couches and end tables. Of course, it looked awful, so it had go somewhere else. How about the opposite wall, sure why not? (move everything again out of the way again) Okay, looks good there but, where am I going to put all the stuff that was here originally? Move some to the empty looking dining room and add the rest to the "deal with it tomorrow" pile. It seemed like all I did today was move furniture. It wouldn't have been so bad, except these pieces all contained a bunch of stuff. Yikes, tomorrow I'm planning the big "purge". It is amazing how much junk gets stuffed out of sight. My goal is to fill at least 4 big bags for the goodwill. Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How hilarious. I can see this happening to us some time in the not too distant future.

Jenny said...

It is good to purge. I always feel so much better afterwards.

~*Marie*~ said...

sounds like you had a fun day, you should post some picks of the finished rooms so we can see how big these pieces were that you lugged around your house!!!

Felicia said...

Oh my goodness! I have been fighting the my other half for a new, ginormous TV for a bit too. I'm still winning too :) Best of luck to you!

Felicia :)
http://www.fluffyflowers.typepad.com/

Fahlman said...

She who walks around the neighborhood on a Sunday evening will also be moving lots of stuff.

Where I live, Sunday night is the night between garage sales and garbage collection. I just found a love seat that matches the quilt on our wall. Fairly good condition too. My second free couch!